This is a travel blog about art history, and an art blog about travel!
I am a proud nerd with an increasingly long list of people, places and things that I find interesting and a mind that tends to wander – hence a Daydream Tourist!
What you’ll find at the Daydream Tourist is a variety of unique and intelligent art, history, and cultural travel articles which hopefully let you walk away having learned something and with a new destination to daydream about.
I grew up in Alaska and have visited much of the US, plus Austria, France, Ireland, Switzerland, Greece and Turkey. I have studied art history in Italy and taught middle school briefly in Belize. I am fascinated by art, archaeology, geography, history and world cultures. Here I share some of the truly amazing and beautiful thing in the world while mixing in my own travel experiences and artistic insights.
If this is your first time here, take a look at some of my favorite travel moments:
- Inside Mont St. Michel – Tour through the magnificent architecture of Mont S. Michel
- Swimming in Apollo’s Pool – A visit to a thermal spring and Roman ruins in Pamukkale, Turkey
- ArtSmart Roundtable: Temple of Artemis at Ephesus – Article bringing to life a Wonder of the Ancient World which is no more than rubble today
- A Space for All: Engineering Contemporary Art on Fuerteventura – Investigative feature piece on a controversial planned art installation in the Canary Islands
- Istanbul Spice Market – Colorful images of a must-see destination
- Bruges in the Snow – Even in the winter, this city is beautiful!
If you’re interested in working with me to spread the word about your museum, event, or destination, please contact me for a copy of the Daydream Tourist media kit.
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to leave a comment!